All licensed naturopathic physicians have Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine degrees from federally recognized medical schools. Their education includes:
- Premedical undergraduate coursework required by other schools of medicine.
- Graduation from a four-year, federally recognized naturopathic medical school.
- Two full years of supervised clinical internship.
- Optional residency programs.
- The same foundational and clinical sciences as other medical students, and in addition, a full spectrum of natural medicines and therapies.
As primary care providers, naturopathic physicians diagnose and treat using:
- Nutritional medicine
- Herbal medicine
- Bioidentical hormones
- IV nutritional therapy
- Therapeutic injections
- Sports Medicine
- Prescription medication
- Minor surgery