The Hawaii Society of Naturopathic Physicians (HSNP) is the professional association representing licensed naturopathic physicians in the State of Hawaii. The HSNP serves the community by increasing public awareness of naturopathic medical care and creating exciting educational opportunities for the public. The HSNP upholds high professional standards of practice, and takes political action to ensure the continued availability of quality naturopathic medical care. Our focus is to create a strong, unified naturopathic community through support and networking, and to work interdependently with all health professionals, with your best interest at heart.
All licensed naturopathic physicians have Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine degrees from federally recognized medical schools. Their education includes:
- Premedical undergraduate coursework required by other schools of medicine.
- Graduation from a four-year, federally recognized naturopathic medical school.
- Two full years of supervised clinical internship.
- Optional residency programs.
- The same foundational and clinical sciences as other medical students, and in addition, a full spectrum of natural medicines and therapies.
As primary care providers, naturopathic physicians diagnose and treat using:
- Nutritional medicine
- Herbal medicine
- Bioidentical hormones
- IV nutritional therapy
- Therapeutic injections
- Sports Medicine
- Prescription medication
- Diagnostic laboratory work
- Minor surgery