Naturopathic physicians have attended one of seven accredited naturopathic medical colleges. Naturopathic medical colleges are four-year postgraduate colleges with prerequisite comparable to those of conventional medical schools. The first two years of basic medical science education include the same subjects and similar number of hours as conventional medical schools. In the final two years students receive specialty training in clinical application of naturopathic medicine.
Over 1500 clinical hours of classes and training help prepare naturopathic physicians to be skilled in modern diagnostics and therapies, as well as traditional and cutting-edge natural remedies. The Naturopathic medical student graduates with a degree as Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine (N.D.). In states where Naturopathic medicine is regulated, like Hawaii, naturopathic physicians must pass a national board examination,+ and their practice is subject to review by the State Board of Naturopathic Medicine.
ACCREDITED NATUROPATHIC MEDICAL SCHOOLS
- Bastyr University
- Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine
- University of Bridgeport College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine
- National College of Natural Medicine
- National University of Health Sciences
- Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine